This article provides instructions on submitting 'invited checks'. An 'invited check' is where you will invite your applicant to complete their own police check by sending them a link via email.
To start the police check process, you will need to send an email 'invitation' to your applicant. This email will then prompt the applicant to register an account with InterCheck or login to their existing account.
For 'invited checks' the applicant will complete the application form themselves and upload their identity documents. If more information is required to process the application, InterCheck will contact the applicant directly to advise what additional information is required.
How to send police check "invites" from your business portal
Step 1: On the left sidebar click New check > Start a police check
Step 2: Select Invite Check
Step 3: On this step you will need to input the application details, including:
- The check type: 'standard / employment' or 'volunteer / student placement'
- The payment method:
- Prepay: Business covers the cost, pays on behalf of the applicant. The applicant will not have access to the certificate.
- Passpay: Applicant pays for the application. Both the business and applicant will have access to the certificate
- Applicant's name
- Applicant's email address (the invitation will be sent to the email address provided)
- You also have the option to fill in the 'check purpose' field on behalf of the applicant
If you choose the prefill the check purpose please ensure to include the role and business name or industry, e.g. 'Accountant with XYZ Accounting Firm'.
For a more detailed explanation on the check purpose field click here.
Step 4: Click 'Prepare Invitation' to preview the email the applicant will receive.
At this stage, you will have the option to edit the email content.
Make sure to never delete any coded text such as #FULL_NAME
Step 5: Once you have provided the required information, click 'Send Invitation' to send your email invitation to the applicant.
Step 6: Once your invite is sent, you can monitor the progress of the application from the 'Manage Checks' tab
For more information on managing your police checks, click here.
If your business will be submitting multiple invited checks at once, a quicker and more efficient way to send invites is our "batch invited" method.
For more information on our "batch" options, click here.